IoT or the internet of things is characterized as a forthcoming innovation that empowers us to control equipment gadgets through the Internet. Homes of the next generation will become more and more self-controlled and mechanized because of the solace it gives, particularly when utilized in Environmental based applications..
One of the most widespread causes of death occurs by Fire accident. In this case, Instant alerting to the fire department is necessary to ensure immediate action. This is because every minute can save many lives in such situations. So here we design an IOT based Automatic Fire Department Alerting system that instantly and automatically alerts the fire department and informs about the situation so that immediate action can be taken
This proposed system offers quick response for fire hazards and is evaluated and examined by using IoT based model. To implement this proposed system a low-cost Wi-Fi module, gas detection sensor, Flame detection sensor, buzzer to alert, and temperature sensors are used. The sensor detects and alerts the local emergency with the data collected by the system, and alerts fire departments, police stations, and hospitals by sending the exact location to both user and operator through WiFi modules which all are well connected with. Thus, an integrated intelligent system is designed through IoT to manage Fire accidents hazards, thereby saving many lives.
Benefits of the proposed system:
- Can be installed in all public places such as shopping malls, residential complexes, parking lots, schools, and colleges.
- Wi-Fi allows the fire department to be informed early so that they can arrive on time and try to extinguish it as soon as possible.
- This system can be incorporated into other segments as well. It can be used to detect any leakage from the LPG cylinder to avoid any accidents
- Helps to save many life
- Highly efficient, cost effective and eco friendly system
DRAWBACKS OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- The system needs to be connected to Wi-Fi for it to work effectively.
- The device ID installed in places needs to be checked regularly and updated timely with a new one in case if the old one is damaged.
The system uses a Fire sensor, Temperature sensor along PIR sensor to efficiently detect fires and alert the fire departments over IoT. We use an Arduino Uno in order to check if a sensor is triggered. Then it reconfirms if it really is a fire outbreak using temperature sensors in order to confirm the fire outbreak. The system now uses a wifi connection to access the IoT server and transmit data about this incident over the internet.
As soon as the system receives the sensor data it checks the device id-data was sent from and displays device id(which will be named after area/flat id). At the same time, Arduino sends the data to the Wi-Fi module ESP8266. ESP8266 will then send the following data to the IoT website.
The system now displays the fire incident with an alarm buzzer in the fire department over the internet where authorized people can take appropriate measures in order to curb the fire.
- Arduino Uno:
This microcontroller is open-source based on the Microchip ATmega328P developed by Arduino. cc. The current version of Arduino Uno comes with a USB interface, 14 digital I/O pins, 6 analog pins, an ICSP header, 16 MHz ceramic resonators, a power jack, and a reset button. An Atmega328 microcontroller is used to connect with external electronics circuits.
- LM-35 TEMPERATURE SENSOR:
A temperature sensor is designed as an electronic device that measures the temperature of its environment and converts the input data into electronic data to record monitor or signal temperature changes. LM35 is defined as a high precision Integrated circuit Temperature sensor, whose output voltage varies, with respect to the temperature around it. This compact-sized, cheap IC is used to measure temperature anywhere between -55°C to 150°C.
- FIRE SENSOR/SMOKE SENSOR:
A Fire Sensor or detector is a sensor designed to detect and respond to the presence of a flame or fire, allowing flame detection.A flame detector can often respond faster and more accurately than a smoke or heat detector due to the mechanisms it uses to detect the flame.
- PIR SENSOR:
A Passive Infrared sensor is defined as an electrical sensor that detects the infrared light radiated by a warm object or used to sense motion. It is widely used to detect the motion of a human body within the sensor’s range. Hence often referred to as “PIR”, “Pyroelectric”, “Passive Infrared” and “IR Motion” sensor. These pyroelectric sensors introduce changes in their temperature due to incident infrared radiation into an electric signal. But there will be no change in the detection distance. In order to lengthen the detection distance of the detector, an optical system was added to collect the infrared radiation.
The buzzer is a sounding device that can convert audio signals into sound signals. It is usually powered by DC voltage. In our system, a buzzer beeps out when the wrong RFID card comes in contact with the door system
- ESP8266 WiFi MODULE:
ESP8266 Wifi Module AP & Station Remote Serial Wireless IoT Board designed based on an integrated chip specifically to fulfill the needs of a new connected world. It can handle all the necessary overhead for communicating with your network, such as TCP/IP stack and communicating with your 802.11 networks. The ESP8266 WiFi Module is a self-contained SoC with an integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give access to your WiFi network (or the device can act as an access point). One useful feature of Uno WiFi is support for OTA (over-the-air) programming, either for the transfer of Arduino sketches or WiFi firmware.
Applications of Fire Alerting System:
- Fire alerting systems have a wide range of applications. IOT based fire alarm system using arduino can be used in Chemical Factories, Shopping Malls, local shops, Educational institutes, Parking Areas, Companies etc.
- IoT Based Fire alarm Notification System Using WiFI can be used as a precautionary measure at all the places listed above, which can help in notifying the fire departments early. If appropriate and immediate action is taken as soon as the buzzer turns ON, it can help in avoiding an accident.
- Future Development of the IOT Based Fire Detection System — This project can be enhanced to sense leakage of LPG GAS