This article explains how to stream videos from a mobile device to a television screen. You’ve come to the right place if you want to play films and other material from your mobile phone or laptop on the large screen of your television. The majority of casting devices on the market implement a setup procedure with minor hardware and installation changes. Chromecast is one of the most popular remote streaming devices currently available. The procedure of putting it up is straightforward and requires little effort.
- Chromecast Device
- Google Home Mobile Application
- Mobile App Supporting cast option
- Display Device (TV or Monitor) with HDMI Port
- Control Device (Smartphone, Tablet, or Computer)
- USB Charger
The setup process:
As soon as you remove the Chromecast gadget from its packaging, you will discover that it has an HDMI extension. For the sake of discussion, we will assume that the standard display device is an HDTV with an HDMI connector. The setup procedures are as follows:
Connect the Chromecast’s HDMI extension to the TV’s HDMI port
- Connect Chromecast to the USB charger to ensure that the gadget has sufficient power during the setup procedure.
- Select the HDMI channel on your television by pressing ‘Source’ or ‘Input’ on the remote control (or TV). Determine the correct HDMI channel from the available options. The Chromecast welcome screen will provide the device’s name and a website URL from which you may download the required application.
- Now, configure the network using your control device. If you intend to utilize your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, simply download the Google Home application from the Google Play Store and launch it. If you are using a computer (Windows or Mac), visit the URL indicated on the screen, then download and launch the Google Home application.
- On your mobile device, navigate to the Google Home application’s menu and click Devices. Connect to many devices. The application recognizes your Chromecast device. Minimize the application and navigate to the Wi-Fi settings. A Chromecast network will be displayed. Connect to the network and return to the Google Home app. This step is unnecessary if you are using a computer.
- Upon proceeding with the application, it will connect to your Chromecast device using a passcode, which will be displayed on both the application and TV screens. Once the application identifies the device, you may choose your Wi-Fi home network and rename the device. Please supply your Wi-Fi credentials. Now that the program and Chromecast device is installed, connect your TV to your home network.
- Now you can cast your mobile screen to your television. Use an application with the Cast feature, such as YouTube, or the Google Chrome web browser. Ensure you have added the Chromecast extension to your browser, which you will be able to do after successfully configuring your Chromecast device.
- To link Chrome to your Chromecast device, select the Chromecast extension option and then your Chromecast device. This permits you to display the current tab on your television.
Connecting with your Google Home device for voice command
If a Google Home device is connected to the same home network as your Google Chromecast, you can control your casting options using voice commands. Simply navigate to the Google Home app and pick ‘Devices.’ You will notice the Google Chromecast device accompanied by the option “Enable Voice Control and More.” Select this option. You can customize your casting options by selecting More Options from the Google Home menu.
Your Chromecast is now prepared to transmit the display of your mobile device or laptop to your television. Remember that the mobile application should include the ‘Cast’ option. Otherwise, you can use the Google Chrome web browser. Therefore, relax and enjoy.
Hope this blog helps you to understand How to Stream Videos From Your Mobile to your TV Screen. We, MATHA ELECTRONICS will come back with more informative blogs.