IoT or the internet of things is characterized as a forthcoming innovation that empowers us to create worldwide networked machines and also the devices that can be helped for exchanging of communication. As we all know that the real-time application has been increasing day by day, the smart connection also had increased. Rapid population growth, led to the increase in global life expectancy and the advance of technology, paving the pathway for the creation of age-friendly environments. This had led to the necessity in designing new products for people’s healthcare.
Prevention is better than cure” is one of the effective measures to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 and to protect mankind. Many researchers and doctors are working on medication and vaccination for corona. Currently, humans are employed for temperature screening and mask identification in public places to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have temperature testing systems for all scanning entrances, but manual temperature scanning has numerous drawbacks.
The staff isn’t well-versed in the use of temperature scanners. When reading values, there is space for human error. For large crowds, a manual scanning device is ineffective. Hence there arises a need to have an automatic system that checks for temperature and mask.
Here we propose a IoT based fully automated temperature scanner and entry provider system to solve this issue. The system uses a contactless temperature scanner and a camera to capture images. If a high temperature or the absence of a mask is observed, the scanner is connected to a gate-like structure that prevents entry. To monitor the entire process, the device uses a temperature sensor and camera connected to a Microcontroller system.
DRAWBACKS OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
- The personnel are not well trained on using temperature scanner devices.
- There is human error in reading values.
- Many times people are not barred from entry even after higher temperature readings or no masks.
- The scanning is skipped by the personnel if supervisors are not watching.
- Manual scanning system is not suitable for large crowds.
BENEFITS OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- Fully automated monitoring of compliance with face mask and body temperature requirements
- Reliable detection within seconds
- Contact surfaces (touch screen) are easy to clean and disinfect
- Customisable system response and audio/video communication in case of non-compliance
- Touch screen with self-explanatory audio/video interaction for guiding users through the entire scanning process
- Saves staff resources
- Avoids potential hygiene and data privacy risks, thanks to fully automated, data protection compliant technology
The camera is used to scan for mask and temperature sensor for forehead temperature. The raspberry processes the sensor inputs and decides whether the person is to be allowed. In this case, the system operates a motor to open the barrier allowing the person to enter the premises. If a person is flagged by the system for high temperature or no Mask the system glows the red light and bars the person from entry. Also, the face and temperature of a person is transmitted over IOT to the server for authorities to take action and test the person for covid. Mainly three functions are performed in this proposed system.
- Face Detection: – Face detection applications used to find human faces within larger images, which often incorporate other non-face objects such as landscapes, buildings and other human body parts like feet or hands. Face detection algorithms typically start by searching for human eyes — one of the easiest features to detect. The algorithm might then attempt to detect eyebrows, the mouth, nose, nostrils and the iris. Once the algorithm concludes that it has found a facial region, it applies additional tests to confirm that it has, in fact, detected a face.
- Mask Detection: – Face Mask Detection uses existing CCTV cameras to look for the faces and detect people without masks. Using an AI network, it can recognize if the person is not wearing a mask.
- IR Temperature Sensor: IR Temperature Sensors Thermopile sensors are designed to measure temperature from a distance by detecting an object’s infrared (IR) energy. The higher the temperature, the more IR energy is emitted. The thermopile sensing element, composed of small thermocouples on a silicon chip, absorb the energy and produce an output signal.
FEATURES OF Temperature and Mask Scan Entry System using IoT
- Mobile design for flexible placement in or in front of buildings
- 7 inch touch screen with built-in thermal and video cameras (temperature measurement precision ± 0,3 °C)
- Easy plug-and-play installation using regular power and network connections
- All components are IP capable
- Voice control with additional visual prompts to ensure correct face position (lower display unit)
- Face mask recognition can be disabled as needed
- Integrated control contact for automated actuation of turnstile gates, doors, barriers, etc
- Package includes IP-based query terminal with TFT touch screen for user interaction and video display
The main aim of this paper is to automate the entire covid scanning process for reducing the risk of spread COVID-19 in highly crowded places such as malls, schools, and colleges. In this system, any person without a temperature and mask scan will not be provided entry. Only a person having both conditions is instantly allowed inside. The system uses a temperature sensor and camera connected with a raspberry pi system to control the entire operation. This system is a cost-effective, practical, eco-friendly, and safest way to protect ourselves from contacting others. Moreover, in this system, the underground information can be accessed anytime and anywhere. It clearly tackles the challenges that the world is facing today.