Raspberry Pi Foundation has launched a New Product Raspberry Pi 400 Personal Computer which is more advanced and available at cheaper price.One of the latest models in the family of Raspberry Pi computers is the Raspberry Pi 400.
The 400 is an SBC in a keyboard form factor. Essentially, it’s a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B rearranged into a keyboard housing, with some improvements.In this blog we discuss what is Raspberry Pi 400? Its specifications, software, and OS. Lets get started
It’s a Raspberry Pi. It’s a keyboard.
It’s a Raspberry Pi designed into a keyboard.The Raspberry Pi 400 has a specially designed board based on the Raspberry Pi 4. The Raspberry Pi 400, which features the same fast processor, has specifically built thermals to keep your computer cool and quiet while you’re working.
Raspberry Pi is no longer only a single-board computer. It’s now a plug-and-play computer that’s built right into the keyboard. The Raspberry Pi 400 comes with the latest Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SOC running at 1.8GHz. This 28-cm keyboard comes with a Pi board of the current generation.
Raspberry Pi 400 is a complete personal computer with a quad-core 64-bit processor, wireless networking, dual-display output, and 4K video playback integrated into a compact keyboard with Raspberry Pi Red-White coloured distinctive style. It’ll operate with all of your existing Raspberry Pi accessories, such as the power supply, HDMI cable, and mouse. The Raspberry Pi 400 is suitable for web browsing, document creation and editing, video viewing, and learning to programme using the Raspberry Pi OS. desktop.
The video output, which supports resolutions up to 4K through a pair of micro-HDMI ports and supports H.265 (4Kp60 decode); H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode); and OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics, is another major feature. OpenGL ES (OpenGL for Embedded Systems) is a 3D graphics application programming interface (API) for handheld and embedded devices.
As per the Raspberry Pi 4B modules, here as well you can connect Two Displays at the same time with a 4K resolution using Micro HDMI Male to Standard HDMI Male Cable. Similar to Raspberry pi 4B, it uses the 5V 3A type C power adapter.
Key Features of Raspberry Pi 400 Personal Computer:-
- With one of the most recent Broadcom 2711 Quad-Core Cortex A72 (ARM V8-A) 64-bit SoC processors clocked at 1.8GHz.
- Dual-display support at resolutions up to 4K through a pair of micro-HDMI connections has been added to the Raspberry Pi 400, as has hardware video decode at up to 4Kp60, which supports H 265 decode (4Kp60); and H.264 decode (4Kp60) (1080p60).
- The inclusion of a new faster dual-band wifi chip with 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless LAN is a notable development on the Raspberry Pi 400.
- The dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless LAN provides for speedier networking while also reducing interference, and the innovative PCB antenna technology improves reception.
- The latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology allows you to use Bluetooth devices with more range than before without the need for additional dongles, keeping things neat and clean.
Enhanced Ethernet Connectivity:
- Due to an updated USB/LAN chip, the Raspberry Pi 400 provides much faster wired networking than prior generations of the Pi. You should observe rates that are 10x quicker than earlier models of the Pi.
- The 40-pin GPIO header stays unchanged from the previous three Pi models, and is completely backwards compatible with earlier boards. It should be noted, however, that the new PoE header pins may come into contact with components on the underside of some HATs, such as the Rainbow HAT.
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.8GHz
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4-3200
- Bluetooth: BLE chip for Bluetooth 5.0
- Ethernet: High-Speed Gigabit Ethernet over USB 3.0
- USB: 1 x USB 2.0 ports and 2 x USB 3.0 Ports
- Connection: Horizontal 40-pin GPIO header
- Video and Sound :2 × micro HDMI ports (supports up to 4Kp60)
- SD card support : micro SD card slot for operating system and data storage
- Power: 5V / 3A dc via USB Type C.
- Keyboard: 78- or 79-key compact keyboard (depending on language variant)
- Multimedia: H.265 Decode (4Kp60), H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p60). H.264 encode (1080p30). OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 graphics.
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +40°C
- Dimensions: 286 mm × 122 mm × 23 mm (maximum)
Software & Operating System
The latest Raspbian OS is pre-installed on the Raspberry Pi 400 computer kit. Still, if you need to upload the OS, the information below will be useful.
- Download NOOBS. Beginners should begin using the NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) operating system installation manager, which allows users to choose from a variety of operating systems.
- Raspbian is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi. Find help with installing Raspbian on your Pi in our online Getting started guide.
- You can go through basic examples to get started with some of the apps available in Raspbian, learn more about the Raspbian operating system, or read about basic Linux commands and how to navigate the Raspberry Pi.
- Search for all other Operating System supported by Raspberry Pi 4
- Any external power supply used with Raspberry Pi 400 shall comply with relevant regulations and standards applicable in the country of intended use.
- This product should be used in a well-ventilated area and should not be covered while in use.
- Incompatible devices connected to the Raspberry Pi 400 may impact compliance, cause damage to the item, and invalidate the warranty.
- The Raspberry Pi 400 contains no user-serviceable parts, and opening the unit is likely to damage the product and invalidate the warranty.
- To ensure that safety and performance requirements are satisfied, all peripherals used with this device should conform with relevant regulations for the country of use and be marked accordingly. When used with the Raspberry Pi 400, these items include, but are not limited to, mouse, displays, and cables.
- All peripheral cables and connectors used with this product must be adequately insulated to meet applicable safety requirements. When using this product, please keep the following in mind:
– While in operation, do not expose to water or moisture.
– Do not expose Raspberry Pi 400 to heat from any source; it is meant to operate reliably at typical ambient temperatures
– Take care whilst handling to avoid mechanical or electrical damage to the computer.
Conclusion:Hope this blog helps you to understand basics of what is Raspberry Pi 400? Its specifications, software, and OS..We ,MATHA ELECTRONICS will come back with more informative blogs.