We are living in a technology-based society where we require lots of innovations day by day. Everyone knows the difficulty of finding an outlet to charge their phone. This daily struggle of ours motivated us to find a creative solution. We wanted to create a charging device that did not require an outlet in any circumstance and also had a futuristic touch to it. This led to the creation of our Wireless Solar Powered Charger, a neat little device that utilizes the power of the sun to satisfy all our cellular charging needs.
The objective of this research is to design a Solar Powered Portable Power Bank for mobile phones using sunlight as its ultimate power, which can be used effectively during disaster events. This proposed system comes with an in-built solar panel that converts the solar energy to electrical energy. The charge is then transferred to a battery for storage of charge for further use, with the battery having a microcontroller indicating the percent of charge present in the battery. The battery is connected to a charging circuit having a USB port as output to the respective Mobile phones.
FEATURES OF THE PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- A universal solar charger that serves you as a power bank and Qi wireless charger
- Designed to withstand various weather conditions, and provides water-resistant housing
- The solar power bank/Qi wireless charger has the PD and QC3.0 for fast charging
- The solar charger is equipped with one QC3.0 USB port, one 2A USB port, and USB-C PD port
- Can recharge up to four devices at the same time, one wirelessly and three via your cables
- Can recharge the power bank exposing it directly to sunlight or via Type-C/microUSB input
- A built-in LED flashlight with 3 modes (normal/strobe/SOS) – ideal for emergency situations at night or in low-light conditions
- 20000mAh battery capacity allows you to recharge your devices several times
- This solar power bank/wireless charger is suitable for all Qi-enabled devices and all USB-powered phones, tablets, notebooks, etc.
- Capacity: 20000mAh
- Micro USB input: DC 5V/2.4A, 9V/2A
- Type-C input: DC 5V/2.4A, 9V/2A
- Type-C PD output: DC 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A (18W max.)
- USB QC3.0 output: DC 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A (18W max.)
- USB output: DC 5V/2A
- Wireless charging output: 5W/7.5W/10W
- Solar panel power: 1.8W
- Dimensions: 176mm x 90mm x 30mm
- Weight: 590g
Power banks are one of the most important things we need to have these days. But even power banks need charging. For that one needs to get the power bank charged in a power plug. This is not always possible when traveling so here we design a smart solar-powered folding power bank.
The solar power bank integrates solar charging with efficient battery support and wireless charging to provide a multi-functional unique power bank product. The device is able to self charge anywhere during the daytime so that the user never runs out of power.
This Wireless charging solar power bank provides the following advantages:
- Easy Wireless Charging for compatible phones
- Solar Self Charging
- Foldable Design for Portability
- 20000maH battery backup
- Added USB Type Charging port availability
The smart solar power bank comprises a lithium battery pack along with solar panels battery protection and wireless charging coils using dc power boosters and charge controllers to provide for a feature-packed power bank.
These solar panels operate with charge controllers to charge the battery pack using charging circuitry. The power bank utilizes LED for indication of current battery capacity. An Adapter can also be used to directly charge the power bank using AC power if needed.
The battery pack power is used to power the induction coil that is mounted on the top of the power bank. When a mobile phone is placed over the top of the power bank an electromagnetic induction effect induces an electric current in the coil mounted in the phone back. This is used to charge the phone wirelessly.
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- Compact and lightweight to conserve resources
- Achieves the top levels of energy conservation performance
- Manages hazardous chemical substances
- Easily recycled at the end of life;
- Parts reuse/recyclability, disassembly/dismantling
- Sustainably uses the renewable resources
- Minimizes the use of number of interconnecting wires or cable