The PIC12F508 designed based on the Microchip Technology. These are low-cost, high-performance, 8-bit, fully static, with Flash-based CMOS microcontrollers. These microcontrollers employ a RISC architecture with only 33 single-word/single-cycle instructions. All instructions in this microcontroller exist in single cycle (200 µs) except for program branches, which also take two cycles. The PIC12F508 microcontroller devices provide better performance in an order of magnitude higher than their competitors in the same price category. Meanwhile, this PIC microcontroller comes with 12-bit wide instructions that are highly symmetrical, resulting in a typical 2:1 code compression over other 8-bit microcontrollers in its class. PIC12F508 is quite easy-to-use and also easy to remember instruction set reduces development time significantly.
This CMOS Microcontroller unit consists of 8 pins out of which 6 pins used as I/O pins. Moreover, it has Power-on-Reset (POR) as well as the Device Reset Timer (DRT) that eliminates the need for external Reset circuitry. In addition, it consists of an internal oscillator with 4Mhz frequency and can be configured in Power saving oscillator mode.
- VDD: Positive Pin of MCU (+5V)
- GP5/OSC1/CLKIN: Bidirectional I/O Pin or Crystal Input or External clock source input
- GP4/OSC2: Bidirectional I/O Pin, or Crystal output.
- GP3/MCLR/VPP: Input Pin or connected with a programmer, mostly with PicKit
- GP2/T0CKI: Bidirectional I/O Pin, Clock Input to Timer 0.
- GP1/CSPCLK: Bidirectional I/O Pin, or In-Circuit Programmer Clock Pin.
- GP0/ICSPDAT: Bidirectional I/O Pin or In-Circuit Serial Programming Data Pin, used in Programmer.
- VSS: Ground Pin of MCU