This STM32F103C8T6 designed as a minimum System STM32 ARM Core Board. This board explicitly for ARM Microcontroller STM32F103C8T6. This board support users to get familiar with the features of the entire STM32 MCU family with ARM Cortex-M3 32-bit core. It is an affordable and flexible way for users to establish new concepts and build prototypes by choosing from the various combinations of performance and power consumption features, provided by the STM32 microcontroller.
This development board consists of STM32F103C8T6 (ARM 32 Cortex-M3 CPU) chip from the STM32 series. This is quite cheaper and more powerful than the well-known Arduino such as the ATmega328 chips. Moreover, it is also possible to simply program these chips via the well-known Arduino IDE. This board operates on 3.3V, featuring 64K flash memory, 20K SRAM and a clock frequency of 8 to 72 MHz.
This STM32F103C8T6 development board also known as Blue Pill can be programmed in two ways –
- Using an external USB/Serial converter connected to UART1 pins, which is the default bootloader for this family of boards.
- STLink USB Dongle – Via single-wire debug interface to communicate with the board. Thereby allows it to programmed using advanced software like Keil/CubeMX.
Before programming, it is recommended to connect the BOOT0 jumper to 1 and press the reset button to put the chip in ‘programming mode’.
This STM32F103C8T6 development board powered using three ways:
- Using the built-in USB micro connector.
- Providing 5V power to the 5V pin as external supply.
- Supplying 3.3V directly to the 3.3V pin.
- Rapid prototyping
- CRC calculations
- Consumer products
- Drone controllers