Switch ICs designed as power management ICs placed between a voltage source and a load to control the power supply to the load. Basically, usage of mechanical relays, MOSFETs, and other discrete semiconductor devices allows composing a similar circuit. But using load switch ICs allows to lower the effect of the circuit footprint and power consumption. These voltage regulators IC is integrated circuits (ICs) capable of storing energy in an inductor, transformer, or capacitor. And permits the storage devices to transfer energy from the input to the output in discrete packets over a low-resistance switch.
The IRIS4013 defined as a dual-mode voltage and current controller combined with a MOSFET in a single package.
The IRIS4013(K) designed explicitly for use in AC/DC switching power supplies up to 230VAC nominal input. And also capable of providing powers up to a range of 120W for a universal input. Moreover, this switcher IC comes in a 5 pin TO-220 AND TO-262 package. It also provide over current and over-temperature protection with quasi-resonant or Pulse Ratio Control (PRC) basis, thereby variable frequency operation.
- Linear transformer replacement in all ≤3 W applications
- Chargers for cell phones, cordless phones, PDAs, digital cameras, MP3/portable audio devices, also shavers, etc.
- Home appliances, white goods and consumer electronics
- Constant output current LED lighting applications
- TV standby and other auxiliary supplies